Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Cleft Clinic

 On Thursday we had Ava's annual Cleft Clinic appointment. Her appointment was at 9:30 and she has been begging to come to work with me. I figured this was the perfect time since it wouldn't be too long. She was pretty good except for the farting. She let a big one rip! Everyone pretended like they didn't hear it, but I know they did. And then I explained to her that when she has to fart, it's time to go into the bathroom to handle it in private. Haha!!!

We got to the appointment and settle into a room. It was all fun and games at first!

But then we waited and waited. Did I mention we waited some more??? Well, I did. Ava, well, see below...

She perked right up when the first Dr. came in and promptly asked him why they still had skeletons up because Halloween is over. Skeletons being the skull replica that I'm sure they use to show facial bones. Haha!! The Dr. took it all in stride.

We had a great appointment!! No changes or anything to worry about right now. We will be looking at surgery probably around the time she turns 7. Of course she doesn't understand that. She thought they were going to rush her into surgery! Poor girl.

We currently have no cable at our house after the storms on Sunday. So we have been doing alot of this....
I'm thankful that all we have is no cable. Some people lost their homes, some lost personal belongings. We were lucky! But pray for my dad. He lost a portion of his roof, but luckily it was covered by homeowners and is being replaced today. They are still without power and have been staying in a hotel. Keep them in your prayers!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy 13th Birthday, Addycakes!!!