Sunday, April 6, 2014

Shoe Tying and Cupcakes!

We had another wonderful weekend! The weather was awful on Friday. In my opinion, there is nothing worse than 30, rain, and wind. Even after this winter, I would rather have snow. **GASP**! I said it!!! Therefore, we did nothing. We came home from work/school and laid on the couch under a blanket all night.

Saturday came early and we headed out for basketball. Since we were up so early, we stopped at Tim Hortons for breakfast. Someone was SUPER HAPPY about that!

Ava did fantastic at basketball and scored two baskets! Woohoo! She was so proud! Ava went home with Nana from her game and spent the afternoon with her. I kept getting pictures throughout the day since Jordyn also was over. Nana took them both to the park and it looks like they had a great time.
John was working and I did nothing. A Criminal Minds marathon. So, I was looking over my shoulder the rest of the day. Saturday night, Ava decided she wanted to learn to tie her shoes. It started ok.
And it ended with her literally sobbing on my shoulder, yelling "I'm never going to learn this!" after about 3 minutes. Needless to say, we called it a night. :)

This morning we got up and decided to make cupcakes. When I say we, I mean I made them and Ava licked everything that had batter on it. Proof below.
We spent the day cleaning, laundry, and making an awesome dinner for Daddy! While John and I were  cleaning the kitchen, Ava came in and showed this off!






She learned to tie her shoes. The name of the weekend?? Determination!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Birthday, Grandma Ballmer!