Sunday, March 23, 2014

Lots of Dates and Shrek!

Before I go into the weekend, I have to send a HUGE shout out to my Uncle Carl! Congratulations on the amazing award of "Employee of the Year"! I know how hard you work and you are so dedicated. We are so proud of you and love you!!!

The Friday fun started early for Ava and Daddy. We met for lunch and I went back to work while Ava and John headed to the movies. The first 3D experience for Ava! They saw Mr. Peabody and Sherman. John said it was ok but Ava liked it.

Later in the evening after some snuggle time, Ava went to Nana's and John and I went out to dinner with Shawn and Charlotte. John works with Shawn at BP. We went to Bravo and had a great time!
Whew...Saturday. It was a whirlwind. We got up early and headed to Ava's basketball game. All was well until the third quarter. And she conked heads with another kid. They both fell back. I ran out to the court and Ava was laying there blinking. My heart stopped for that moment. I asked her questions, name, how old she was, where she was. And she knew the answers. I took her back with me and she laid on my lap with an ice pack. About 3 minutes later she asked if she could still have snack and I knew she was ok. Haha! Doesn't she look so pitiful???

After we got home John and I went into work mode. We converted our spare bedroom to a playroom. Getting ready for little Addy Grace. I literally touched every piece of everything in Ava's room. Purging was my game! And boy, did I dig in! I dumped two garbage bags of junk (half of one had to be broken crayons) and two bags of clothes. We worked for about 5.5 hours. It looks awesome! I'll post pictures later this week.

Kelly had called earlier in the day to see if she could take Ava to see Shrek, The Musical at the high school. Holly was in the play and they had an extra ticket. This worked out well as we had tickets to The Million Dollar Quartet at The Stranahan. Since Holly was in the play, she took Ava back stage and she got to meet the cast! How exciting for her! I had instructed Kelly to take lots of pictures and she brought Ava home last night and handed me her memory card from her camera. And this is what I found!









It looks like she had a great time! She now said that she would like John to be Shrek for Halloween and  I need to be Princess Frona. Haha! She cannot retain the name Fiona to save her life. As I said before John and I had tickets to Million Dollar Quartet. Um, yea, not my thing. I had not even heard of Carl Perkins and I knew 3 songs one only because it was in Top Gun. John swore I was going to love it and we bet a backrub on it. Ahh, that was 10 minutes of amazement!
 Today was another crazy day! We got up and went to church and headed to Babies R Us and did some major Addy Grace shopping. I think I have everything we need for China. No, we still do not have an official date. But if you know me at all, this will not surprise you. We made a few other pit stops and John got to enhance his wardrobe a bit. I couldn't say No, he hardly ever buys clothes. :) I hit the wall about 6pm, even passing on Mel O Creme. What a great, fun, and busy weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

#houghtalinggirls