Sunday, March 30, 2014

Kindergarten Screening

The time has come. It had to happen. No matter when it happened, I'm pretty sure I would never have or will be prepared. My little Ava is going to kindergarten. Genoa held screening for the future kiddies this past week. Our appointment was on Wednesday. This kid was READY! She was so excited and could hardly contain herself. I made her stop for a picture before we went in and she was so mad!
We walked in the building and Ava was whisked away. The parents were ushered into the library to start the mountain of paperwork to get the kids all registered. I felt like we were starting the adoption process again. Ha! The principal started the meeting with "Your Children are the Class of 2027" and I absolutely lost it. And weeped pretty much throughout the rest of it. But she is all registered and signed up for the school bus. She is so adamant about riding the bus. What happened to my baby??

She did pretty well on the screening process. She scored above average on motor skills and average throughout everything else. She is still struggling with her letters and the sounds they make. We need to really work on that. But they did share something funny. These were concept questions. Not sure if they are exact but along the same lines. But the last one....this kid...

Teacher: What do you do when you are thirsty?
Ava: Get a drink of water
Teacher: What do you do when you are cold?
Ava: Get a blanket
Teacher: What do you do when you walk in a dark room?
Ava: Get my mom and dad!

Love it! After we were done with everything we were able to walk around the school and see the kindergarten rooms. We are really hoping that our good friend, Lisa will be her teacher this year. Fingers crossed! But I had to snap a picture of them anyhow!
School should start middle August. And I'm sure there will be a long emotional post following that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Birthday, Grandma Ballmer!