Wednesday, December 29, 2010

The Water Cooler

Hi!!
Things are still crazy here at the Houghtaling house! But I literally have EVERYTHING done that I wanted to before I go back to work full time next week! Woohoo!! We have taken Ava to school on Monday and Wednesday and she will go again on Friday. We wanted to keep her in the routine even though we are off. It's been very beneficial for us! On Monday, John and I went shopping and returned a bunch of items and made 2 trips to the Social Security office. By the time we picked up Ava, everything was returned and we have OFFICIALLY applied for Ava's social security number. We should have it in 2 weeks!

Tuesday, we went to Medina to visit John's mom and take her Christmas gifts to her. My mom and Emily went with us. It was a good day! However, I forgot my camera so there are 0 pictures from the trip...:(

Today, John got up with Ava and took her right to school. She does so good and we are so thankful that she enjoys it as much as she does. I slept until 9:30!! I was still fighting a cold and have been coughing constantly. Today, I am 100% better. Still have the lingering cough, but I can handle it. I feel like one of us has been sick since we got back from China. Anyhow, this morning after I woke up, John and I busted a$$ and got the entire house cleaned, Christmas stuff is DOWN, and all the laundry is done and put away! Woohoo! What a feeling! It's funny after we picked Ava up from school and brought her home I don't think she even noticed the tree is gone.

My aunt Martha got Ava a water cooler for Christmas. This may possibly have been the best gift for this child. She LOVES it! We are going to have to do a few diaper changes in the middle of the night if that's how much water she is going to drink! Haha!!!


She still hasn't completely picked up on how to get the water herself. Which is probably a good thing!


Here's a pretty cool story:
Years ago, my uncle Carl was in the Navy. I don't remember too much of this as I was pretty little. Anyhow, when I was around 4 and Emily was around 2, Carl was stationed in Hong Kong. When he came back he brought Emily and I these little Chinese dolls. I loved, loved, loved them! But we weren't allowed to play with them because they were so fragile. So my mom put them up and every once in awhile we would find them and I would just stare at them. Well...guess what my mom found????

I guess I knew even back then...

Looking forward to tomorrow! We have a play date with Ella, Roz, Jewel, and Josh! They are other FCC families! I love their moms, so I know I will love them too! I can't wait to meet them!

Have a great one!
Love,
John, Sara, and Ava

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lunch with Mrs. Schober!