Sunday, December 5, 2010

Mama and Medina

Mama
The one word that I have been wanting to hear for years
The one word that I kept saying to Ava over and over
The one word that made me cry the first time I heard it
The one word that I was sure was going to put into an insane asylum Friday night

I'm pretty sure Ava said "Mama" no less than 5,ooo times Friday night. My mom and I took her shopping to get some Christmas gifts at Target. Now, let me also say she is fighting a cold. So, as we walked around Target all I heard was "Mama" in a sweet tone and then if I didn't acknowledge it, it became "Mama" in a barking order. So, I decided she needed a change of scenery so that she would slow down on her use of the word. And we headed to checkout. As we were checking out this is literally what she did "mamamamamamamamamamamamamamamamamamamamamamamamamamamamam"

Constant
Nonstop
Almost singing it

The lady checking us out was cracking up! She thought it was so cute! And it is. NOW. At the time, I was pretty sure I was going to go crazy! Man, I love that little girl!

Here is a picture of Ava and her mama. I absolutely love this picture! It's hard to get a picture with this child where she is looking at the camera!


Saturday we drove to Medina so that Ava could meet Gram. Gram was supposed to make the trip up last Friday for the family Thanksgiving, but ended up not feeling well enough to make it. So, we drove down for the day and she also got to meet Uncle Jim and Aunt Vicki! We took lunch to Gram's and then we left to go shopping at Marshall's while she took her nap. This is also Ava's naptime, but she slept in the car on the way down and then on the way home. Which at the time we thought was great until she was up and running around at 10:30 last night!! Here are a couple of pics from the day!


We have a busy week coming up and an even busier weekend! It's the season!! Well, I'm going to take advantage of the quiet of the house. John just took Ava to Home Depot so I think I'm going to take a quick siesta!! Have a great week!!
Love,
John, Sara, and Ava


No comments:

Post a Comment

#houghtalinggirls