Thursday, December 23, 2010

Ava and Ryan Jr.

Today was a busy and then lazy day. Yesterday at work, while talking to my boss, I realized I didn't have a first Christmas ornament for Ava. What a bad mom, right? Now let me tell you that I have been finished shopping and everything wrapped since before Thanksgiving. Yes, I'm one of those people. Freakishly organized as I've heard it be called. So at 10am the day before Christmas Eve, Ava and I headed to Hallmark. We started at the one on Secor because I wanted to avoid the mall area. And they were sold out of them. Imagine that?? We ended up at the store on Secor and Sterns and they had the cutest little Precious Moment ornament. Yea!

We came back home and I worked on laundry and got the house ready so tomorrow all I have to do is dust and sweep for the festivities this weekend. And I'm getting ready to head to the grocery store tonight. I really don't want to go out and freeze my bum off at 10pm at night, but I figured this is the best way to beat the crowd. :(

My friend, Rachel, that I used to work with recently moved to Nashville. And since she came back home for Christmas, she wanted to meet Ava and I wanted to see her. She has 1 1/2 yr old named Ryan who is absolutely beautiful! It was a little difficult for Ava to share her toys and we had to do a time out. I hope this is something that will improve with school. Here are a few pics from today:

Ava and her friend, Ryan

Ryan was trying to give her a hug. You can see how excited Ava was for this...she wouldn't even get up from her chair!

I was trying to get a picture and Ryan decided to show us her mean face...haha!!


Tonight has been a little sad for me. A dear friend of mine is fighting the battle of cancer and she isn't improving. Unfortunately, today they had to call in hospice. Please pray for Tiffany and hope that she finds peace. Love you, Tiff!!
I can't believe tomorrow is Christmas Eve! Which means that Nate is coming into town!! Woohoo!! I can't wait for Ava to meet her uncle!
Love you all!
John, Sara, and Ava

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Birthday, Grandma Ballmer!