Tuesday, December 21, 2010

1st Haircut!!

Whew...what a day!
Those are the words that are coming out of mine and John's mouth's tonight. We both have been on the go since before 5:30 this morning!

Today I worked until 1:30 pm because Ava had a Dr. appt at 2:30 in Perrysburg. Plenty of time, right? Not even close! First there was the train blocking Navarre Ave. I waited for about 10 mins before I decided to manuever through the east side. As I FINALLY got to the entrance of the daycare the car in front of me rear-ended the car in front of him. While muttering to myself "Are you kidding me?" I drove around them and pulled into the daycare. They were both getting out of the car so I knew they were ok. Once I got into Ava's room, she was all giddy and showing off so getting her coat on her was chore! By the time we got on the road to Perrysburg, it was 2:10! Argh!! I tried to call the office and let them know we were going to be late, but I got a message that said the office was closed. Thinking they weren't back from lunch yet, I didn't think anything of it. Well....when I got to the office there were fire trucks, police cars, ambulances GALORE!! I was stopped at the entrance by a cop who said there was a gas leak and the premises were evacuated. He told me to go home and call tomorrow for another appointment. I seriously wanted to cry. And I think he knew that. He apologized even though it wasn't his fault. So, I left and started to drive home and decided to call the academy because Ava has an AWFUL rash and I was starting to get worried. While on hold with them, they told me the office was open again and I could go back. So, I turned around and went back. Since they were now behind and the other appointments were starting to show up, they basically had to squeeze us in. We left the office at 4:45! So then we had to rush home and get Emily because we all had hair appointments and we still needed dinner beforehand! Luckily Em was ready and we stopped at Mickey D's and had dinner. I figured Ava deserved a greasy dinner since she had a traumatizing afternoon. John met us at the salon so he could take Ava home after her haircut and Em and I just got home around 8pm. As I said before...whew!

Enjoying her dinner...as usual!

Em is such a great kid!!



On to Ava's first haircut! She didn't need anything major, just a small trim mostly around her ears. Janie has done my hair for years so naturally Ava needed to go to her, too!! We decided I should hold her to make it less traumatizing...she did pretty well for the most part. There were a few tears, but that was expected.





Thanks, Janie!!!
One more thing...Ava's rash is just extremely dry skin. Dr. Tracy said with the season change and we bathe her everyday, it's just drying her skin out. We were told to bathe her every other day, use baby oil, and gold bond lotion. I hope it clears it up! The poor girl...:) She also had to get 3 shots today. But she is healthy and that's what is important. She now weighs 26 lbs! She's gained almost 3 pounds since we've been home from China!! I've already had to weed out some of her clothes because her belly is expanding! Haha!!
4 days to Christmas!
Love,
John, Sara, and Ava




No comments:

Post a Comment

Lunch with Mrs. Schober!