Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Baby

I'd like to introduce you to "Baby". We do not have an official name, just Baby.

Baby is becoming more work than Ava.
She goes for rides in the shopping cart...
She has snack time...

She takes naps...

And even has her own diaper supply...

I absolutely love that this nurturing side is coming out in Ava. But I'm afraid she may be smothering Baby. :) It feels like every time I blink Baby needs a snack, or needs a nap. Then we have to quietly sneak out of the room and whisper to each other so we do not wake Baby up. And then there is diaper time...Ava will be feeding Baby (with her sippy cup) and then she smells her bum and looks at me and than says "poop". We then have to go into the changing table and lay her down to change her diaper. And if I do not open the drawer where the diapers are kept, Ava "kindly" points it out to me. She is so adorable! I'm dreading when she realizes that Baby needs a bath! Haha!!
But before Baby came along, Ava had this little stuffed mouse that she would carry around and feed. Well, one day she wanted the coasters from the table. And I mean she WANTED them! She was ticked when we said no. So, I finally gave in. She took the coasters out and took the holder and this is what she did...

She used it as a high chair for her mouse! It was soooo funny!! The imagination is an AMAZING thing!!
On another note, we took the baby gates down today! The entire kitchen is baby-proofed and we found that not restricting her from the kitchen is better with her eating. Before with the gate, everytime she would go into the kitchen, she would run to her high chair and point. But now, she is just in and out and isn't asking for food everytime. I think knowing she is allowed where the food is helps her. We haven't latched the gates for over a week and it's been fine. So, yea!! Major milestone for Ava today!!
One more thing! Sorry, I keep thinking of things...
Anyhow, everyday I pick Ava up around 12pm from daycare and bring her home and lay her down for her nap. Well, today we stopped off and got a couple of groceries first so I layed her down around 1pm. Well, at about 1:07 (after she had been asleep) she wakes up crying. I decided to give her a couple of minutes to see if she would go back to sleep. Well, she didn't and the crying turned into shrieking! I knew something was wrong. I went to her room, I opened the door, and I smelled it. I lifted the back of her diaper and instantly got it on my fingers. And then I realized her pants were wet. My poor girl had it everywhere! Her shirt, her socks, down her legs, etc...So I stripped her, wiped her, and dumped her in the tubby!! That was the only way to take care of that issue!! Haha!! That was definitely the worst one to date. Bless her little heart!
Ok, I need to go to bed. So sleepy and 5:15 comes quick!
Until tomorrow,
John, Sara, and Ava




No comments:

Post a Comment

#houghtalinggirls