Monday, October 3, 2011

We're Still Here!!

Sorry for my delay in posting. It has been so crazy, busy around here! Yesterday was the 2011 Buddy Walk and Emily and I were both on the committee. But more on that later.

I have to say I had 3 people contact me today about my lack of posting. Two of the three were a "why haven't you posted?", but one was a caring "Are you guys ok?" message. Thanks, K!!

I have a week to catch up on so there will be LOTS of pictures. Hope that's ok. ;)

Last weekend we took Ava to the Ottawa Hill Fall Festival. She has an absolute blast!! As we were walking in, guess who we saw?














Ella!!
The girls checked each other out and then we took them over to the horses. Ava's first pony ride!











































The Ottawa Hills High School band was playing after that so we took Ava over to enjoy the music. Um, yea...she LOVED it! I've been trying to upload the video John took, but it keeps failing. It's hilarious! Here are some pictures though...You can tell my the pony tails that there was major movement!



















































After the dancing, we headed over to the crafts area. She made a glitter pumpkin, finger painted Indian Corn, and made a candy corn picture frame.













































We spent the week with normal family stuff and getting ready for the weekend. We had a very busy, but fun weekend!


Saturday night, my friends and I through a diaper shower for Keith and Lisa. They (meaning, Lisa) are pregnant with their first child. She is due on Oct. 14!! They don't know what they are having so it's pretty exciting!!


Bragging moment coming on...

I made their cake. This is the 2nd cake that I have done (remember the Elmo cake?). But I was pretty proud of it!















My friend, Sara with all the girls at the party















Ava, Ella (aka Big Ella), and Jada had an absolute blast playing together. They sang and danced and just had a great time!!































































Keith and Lisa















The Girls! This is my group. My best friends. I love them.















Lisa and the cake



















Keith even got his own diapers!!















Aww, so cute!!















My hubby has been working so much overtime, this was the most I had seen him















Sunday was the Buddy Walk!! The was is an awareness event for Down Syndrome. My sister, Emily, has Down Syndrome. We were both on the committee and it was our fourth year to help out. I run registration and Emily runs the crafts. This year it was family event! My cousins, aunts, and even friends all stopped out to help! We had about 700 people show up for the event! It was a gorgeous day and an awesome event!


All ready to support Aunt Emily!



















Love this girl!! We were all together because of you! My Emmers















Part of our entertainment was Rachel Coleman from Signing Time. Ava wasn't a fan of the frog...:)















I brought Hannah, our neighbor, with me to help with Ava for the day. She is such a good girl!! Ava adores her! It was a long day for both and Ava ended up passing out on Hannah



















Sara K and Em! Thanks for all your help, lovebug!















Hope all of our blog friends are well! I'm really looking forward to this weekend!! My brother is coming home for the weekend!! It's Uncle Nate time!! Woohoo!!!


Talk soon!!

Love,
S.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lunch with Mrs. Schober!