Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Uncle Nate Weekend!

What a fabulous weekend! I walked out of work on Thursday about as giddy as they come!! And then I spent Sunday crying. I truly HATE saying goodbye to brother. I miss him so much!!

Thursday night we went to Ava's swim lessons and then to El Camino for dinner. Of course I had no camera, so no pictures.

Friday morning Nate and I delivered Meals on Wheels for Owens Corning. We headed back to our house to pick up the rest of the troops and went to MacQueen's Apple Orchard. I had never been before and I thought it would be something Ava would enjoy.















Mom and Nate














With a little help from Daddy, Ava was able to pick apples too!!




































She just couldn't wait to eat her apple!! John didn't know what she was doing until he felt the juice running down his head! Haha!!


















Love this pic!!














Anything to get those apples!!


















Aunt Emily














I think she was trying to play baseball...:)


















Friday night was spent with celebrating yet another Comet victory!! We are ROCKIN'!! That game marked the 46th regular season game that Genoa has one in a row. Come on playoffs!! We are proud to be Comets!!

Saturday morning John, Ava, and I were on the road by 9am on our way to Medina. I mentioned in a previous post that his mom wasn't doing too well. We wanted to get down and visit her. She was still in the hospital. Let's just say Ava doesn't do too well in hospitals. She FREAKED out! Death grip on either John or I. I kept taking her for walks, the gift shop, anything to ease her comfort. And then Dr. Sam came in the room. He is Gram's heart Dr. He was great with Ava. Explaining what he did and convincing her she wasn't getting shots. After he left, she was fine. I wish he would have come in sooner. :)

We found out an hour after we were on the ride home that Gram was released. Thank you for all of your prayers. She is home and doing well.

After we left the hospital, we met Uncle George for a quick lunch. Ava loves her Uncle George!














My dad is a HUGE Nebraska fan. My husband is a HUGE Ohio State fan. And guess which teams played wach other Saturday night? My dad had a get together at his house so we dressed up in our Scarlet and Gray and watched the game!


















Of course, Uncle Nate was sporting Maize and Blue. BOO! But Michigan did win. And OSU didn't. :(














It's all good though! We still got to hang with our family!


















Sunday was a big day for our family. Not only was it our anniversary, it was my Dad's birthday. Yes, we got married on my Dad's birthday. And this coming Saturday is Emily's birthday. So, we had an October celebration day!! We ordered a donut cake from a new bakery. It was good, but not the same as Haas.

Happy Birthday Dad and Emily!!














Dad and Nate














After dinner and cake, we got out the 4-wheeler. Definitely taking advantage of the great weather!!














Everyone took turns. I was a little nervous riding with Uncle Nate. Can you tell?














Everyone took turns. Even GRANDMA!!!

































Uncle Nate and Morgan Feather




























































After everyone went home and the fun was over, it was time to say goodbye. :( But we managed to squeeze out one more sibling picture.















We miss you, Uncle Nate!! Can't wait for Christmas! Hopefully...

Love,
S.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lunch with Mrs. Schober!