Sunday, September 25, 2011

In the blink of an eye....

I received a very big lesson tonight. How quickly things can happen...

Ava and I got home tonight after running some errands. I parked the car as normal and went and got her out of her car seat. She usually runs right to her Barbie car. I grabbed a bag out of the front seat, walked it into the house, and went back to the garage. 20-30 seconds tops. But it was long enough for my poor little girl to have her ball roll under my car and her deciding to go and get it. Long enough for her to burn her back on the still hot tailpipe. :(

I thought she skinned it at first because it was a little dot the skin was missing. But then I realized what happened when she said "Mama car hot". I ran her into the house and put a cool washcloth on it. I called every person in a 20 mile radius (sobbing) to come and see it. Majority vote told me to take her in to help prevent infection and make sure it is cleaned properly.

So, we made a trip the ER tonight. She did GREAT!!! So well, in fact, she got McDonald's french fries and stickers!!

































And here is the boo-boo. The Dr. said it shouldn't scar, but she may have a slight skin pigment change.















I turned my back for not even a minute and this happened. I truly believe that Mama's guilt may be the worst feeling EVER. I know it wasn't my fault, but I'm a mess.


She is being a trooper though. She isn't complaining too much. She's actually asleep in my bed. Daddy is working nights and I think Ava (meaning: me) needs extra snuggle time.


Love,

S.

1 comment:

  1. We certainly know EXACTLY where you are coming from with Charlie's burn accident this summer. Hang in there. You are good parents, sometimes they're just a bit quicker than us!!!

    ReplyDelete

#houghtalinggirls