Sunday, September 18, 2011

All Girls Weekend!!

Before I start on the weekend, I have to share something. I've been wanting to put it out here for awhile, but I was afraid to actually say the words. It's official....she's POTTY-TRAINED!!! She has been for awhile and we were still doing pull-ups at night. We finished out the pack 2 nights ago and she's been dry at night for over a month! So proud of my girl!!! And thank goodness for M&M's!

This weekend John went backpacking, so it was an all girls weekend. I'm always sad to see the weekend end, but this one even more. We had too much fun!!

We started Friday night at the Genoa football game. You know I'm officially a fan when I go without a boy. :)
















We went home afterward and toasted the 55-0 victory over Fostoria. Way to go Comets!!













We got up Saturday and were out the door by 9am! Genoa had their annual street fair. We picked up Nana and walked downtown Genoa. Of course, I forgot to take my camera.















After the street fair, I dropped Ava and Nana off at Nana's. I ran and did some errands and shopped.


We stopped on the way home and picked up a $5 pizza. I decided to have a picnic dinner in the living room. (SHhhh...don't tell Daddy). I wasn't too worried, Ava is actually a pretty clean eater. I'm proud to say after the weekend, no spills! Ava thought it was so cool to eat in the living room. She asked to do it the rest of the weekend!















After dinner, we cleaned up and got in our jammies. I decided to surprise her with a slumber party! I pulled all the blankets off the beds and made a big bed on the floor. We popped popcorn and snuggled up to watch The Muppets Take Manhattan. I LOVE that movie and it was such a nice treat after so much Elmo!




















































She LOVED it! She watched the entire movie. I couldn't believe it. But she was in dosing mode towards the end when (SPOILER, (LOL)) Miss Piggy and Kermit get married. Until she saw the Sesame Street cast was at the wedding! She was so happy to see Ernie.


She passed out pretty quickly after the movie was over. I ended up on the couch because I'm not as resiliant as her. My back was killing me! :)















This morning when we got up, I cleaned out my coupon binder, made my grocery list for week, packed up Ava's summer clothes, and got her fall clothes out. Whew...


After lunch and nap, we headed to Morgan Feather's soccer game. Here she was when we first got there:















It must be a pretty tiring sport! LOL! She ended up doign really well and even scored a goal while we were there!!




















































After the soccer game, we went to visit my Grandma and then headed to dinner with our friend, Michelle. A much needed trip to El Camino. We had a great time! Thanks for the invite, Michelle!!
















Ava adores her!! She just kept hugging her. So cute!!


What a fabulous weekend!! But I'm a tired one...off to bed! And Daddy comes home tomorrow!! YEA!!


Hope you had a great weekend, too!!

Love,

Sara and Ava

No comments:

Post a Comment

#houghtalinggirls