Thursday, August 8, 2024

Hawaii - Day 5 {Hilo}

Good Morning, Hilo! 
(pronounced Heelo, which I realized I had been saying it wrong!)
This was an excursion day! 

We got on the tour bus after breakfast and headed to the first stop. 
A beach with beautiful views and little specs of GREEN SAND!







Next up...Rainbow Falls!
This was a beautiful waterfall that you could hike to the top!
Some of us did...some of us stayed low and posed for photos. 





She, of course, went to the top.

Next up was lunch. 
All the meat eaters indulged in the Loco Moco, the rest of us had grilled cheese!

After lunch we headed to the big part of the trip! 
Volcano National Park!

We had a little walk and these were hand in hand the whole way.

What an incredible view! 

If you look closely, you can see the steam rolling...

We even got to see some up close and it was so hot!


Next up, walking through a lava tube! 
I stayed back because I can't lie, I was super nervous. 
Things like that creep me out. 







Next up was a few more stops around the town to see statues before we headed back to the ship.

Lastly, Big Island Candy which had the best chocolate covered macadamia nuts. 
I still think of them!

Back to the ship for rest and dinner. 
I loved dinner on the ship each evening. 
It was so fun!

We started to see posts on the cruise Facebook page for the ducks the girls hid. 
Addy worked very hard on preparing these so she was so excited! 


This was also the day we discovered the love of these chip. 
I think our family may have eaten all of Hawaii's stock in these chips. 
Plus, we had friends of ours bring some home when they traveled a month after us!
Ha!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lunch Dates