Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Rest In Peace, Donatello

Our New Year fun came to a screeching halt when we got home this morning. Ava ran into the room to see Donatello and he wasn't alive. Let me back up a bit...I was kind of anticipating this. The last couple of days his breathing seemed pretty labored and he wasn't eating they way I thought he should. So the other day when I went to get the new water bottle, I asked the person working about his breathing. Apparently, pine bedding can be harmful to guinea pigs. It can cause upper respiratory infections which can be fatal. So, I bought paper bedding and cleaned his entire cage from top to bottom. And two days later, he is dead. I had noticed yesterday that he had some crusties around his nose and eyes. So we are pretty sure this is what happened to Donatello.

So....Ava stopped in her tracks and my heart just stopped. We literally sat on the couch for the next hour while Ava did nothing short of sobbing. My heart is so broken for her. I never want to see her experience that pain again. My poor girl.

Rest In Peace
Donatello
2013

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lunch with Mrs. Schober!