Saturday, January 25, 2014

Eyebrows, Eyes, and Power Steering

This week has been insane!! Let's start out with Monday...

My van was driving funny. I felt like I was driving a bus. It was so hard to steer. So we took the van out to the dealership on Monday night.

Moving on to Tuesday...
The day started with a call from the dealership stating my whole power steering system was shot. There were actual metal shavings in the lines. And it will be days before it is done. Saturday at the earliest. (that's today. Not done. The pump is on back order with no ETA.) They told me they would cover a rental car under warranty as long as it was a Chrysler vehicle. And this started me calling every Enterprise in Toledo to find a vehicle. Of course, the only branch that had one was the furthest away.  My mom took us out to Enterprise and the vet for Raphael. Busy Day!

Wednesday was a somewhat relaxing day. Until about 11:45 pm (next post) We had hair appointments. I swear there is absolutely nothing as wonderful as having someone wash your hair. Anyhow, that evening at home Ava decided to implement a new technique she learned from Janie, our hairdresser. Waxing my eyebrows. With bandaids. And yes, it hurt! Haha!
Thursday was another crazy day as my dad had his third surgery on his arm. Yes, the one he broke a year ago. He cannot straighten it and even after this one, I don't think it's going to be much better. They literally took out some bone fragments and added anchors. This was the x-ray after the fact. Check out that hardware!!!
This weekend has been somewhat quiet and we are hunkering down for the next wave of crappy winter weather. I try not to complain. I live in Ohio. I get it. I'm ALWAYS cold, even in summer. So that's not the worst thing. But I am so sick of driving on crappy roads. If it's not snow, it's drifting or black ice. I cannot wait until the crap melts. I'm thinking sometime in August????

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Birthday, Grandma Ballmer!