Sunday, January 30, 2011

Weekend Recap!

We had another busy, yet fun weekend in the Houghtaling house!

Friday night was uneventful. We went to dinner with my mom to Ernesto's and Ava and I were both in home and asleep by 9pm. We were a little tired from the week.

Saturday morning, we had a playdate with Kimi. Kimi is the daughter of a co-worker who was transferred to our office from the Shanghai office. I went to lunch with her prior to our travel to China and she gave me some tips! Anyhow, now that we are back and settled we decided to get the girls together. Kimi is 2 days older than Ava! It took a little while for them to get used to each other, but they got there. They were so adorable together!! And we were able to get some mysteries cleared up for us, too! Belinda helped translate some things we had been wondering about. Mostly, our gotcha day video. One of the workers had come over to say something to Ava and it had totally calmed her down. We were wondering what was said, and now we know! All she said to her was "No crying". Really?? No crying? Why doesn't that work for me???? :) Another thing we were wondering is when Ava wants picked up, she says "Baba". Well, we know that means father in Chinese. But, not in Shanghai dialect...nope! It means "Hold Me"!!! Woohoo!! I was afraid she was calling everyone father! Haha!

Here are some pictures of Ava and Kimi:




Saturday night, we went to Gymboree and out to dinner again. If you learn one thing about us, we love to go out to eat!! We went to American Table. It was sooo yummy!
Here is my "little girl" trying to butter her bread

And enjoying the it afterwards:


Today, we (and by we, I mean my cousin Lisa and help from our neighbor) scrapbooked all day! We are making scrapbooks of my friend, Tiffany that passed away. It was really emotional but the first one we did turned out so well!! My friend, Sara and I were there for moral support. Here are some pictures from the day:

I know she is in a diaper and her hair is done...trust me, you will know why soon!

Can you find Ava?


Ava and Sara

My mom stopped over tonight with her dog, Gracie. Ava decided she wanted to dress Gracie up:

Need a closer look?


Hope your weekend was just as great! We are supposed to be getting big snow this week! Ahhh!!!
Love,
John, Sara, and Ava








No comments:

Post a Comment

Lunch with Mrs. Schober!