Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!!

New Years was mostly quiet for the Houghtaling's this year. John went back to work last night and worked from 6pm to 6am. Happy New Year, John! :(

I ended up going out to dinner with a friend while my mom and Aunt Tammy kept our kids. They also had my Uncle Pat's 2 girls and Emily was along to help, too! A big thanks to them!

Here is my date for the night...my friend, Amy






I had considered taking Ava with me to dinner but then realized she would have way more fun with the other kids. And it seems like I was right...

How else would she have been able to karaoke?





Party like a rockstar with Jordyn?


Or make up a fake Polar Express train?

The little girl definitely had her fun...this was how I found her at 9:30...snuggled on Aunt Tammy:


I took her home and we both went to bed. I didn't watch any of the TV specials, I didn't see the ball drop, I was pretty much in a deep sleep at midnight.
Today was an uneventful New Years Day. John slept late from working last night and Ava and I just hung out. We did go grocery shopping and out for lunch, but the rest of the day was lazy. And it felt good!!
I got a call from our sweet neighbors around dinner time offering to bring us over lasagna. Not one to pass up a meal, I happily obliged! Not only did sweet Hannah and her super cute cousin, Erica bring over dinner, they stayed and played with Ava for a couple of hours. We have truly been blessed with our neighbors. They completely spoil us! They stay up late hours for us, keep us fed, and are just genuinely awesome people! Thanks, Rowland family!!
Here is a picture with Ava playing with Hannah and Erica:


We hope you have a great New Year and wish you health and happiness!
Love,
John, Sara, and Ava





No comments:

Post a Comment

Lunch with Mrs. Schober!