Monday, August 16, 2021

California - Day 9

 Our last and final day in California. 
We woke up bright and early, packed up our bags and headed to Disney. 
I should have known how the day was going to go with how breakfast went. 
I specifically booked a character breakfast. 
Well, we got to breakfast and there were no characters. I finally asked what was happening and there were no characters because of COVID. 
So we spent $100 on pancakes. 

Next up was Disneyland. 
I was super excited for this because Ava has been to Disney World but Addy hasn't. 
We parked our car and started to walk to the park. 
We walked and walked and walked. 
What we learned was the trams from the parking garage to the park were closed because of COVID. 
We hit 10,000 steps before we even got to the park. Ugh. 
We checked in and inquired about fast passes for John and Ava because we had limited time. 
No fast passes because of COVID. 
Are you seeing a pattern? 

We got into the park and took a few photos with the photographer! 
They are adorable. I love our matching shirts even though John and Ava didn't love them! Haha!







Then we split up. John and Ava went off to ride and Addy and I headed to the kid area to ride. 
This is where frustration really started to kick in. 

We had to make reservations because of limited capacity and COVID. 
THERE WERE SO MANY PEOPLE THERE. 
There was no limited capacity. 
Every ride had a minimum wait of at least an hour. 
Even the little kid rides. 
It was so hot and so crowded. 
I was miserable but I kept it to myself because I didn't want to ruin anyone's day. 

Addy and I got on the merry go round, Dumbo and a little train. 





John and Ava only got on a train. 



It was so hot, have I mentioned that?
We met back up for a break and this is where we spent $30 on little water fans. 


And where John announced he was also miserable because it sucked. 
It was too crowded, too hot and all you could hear were kids crying! 

We talked to the girls and now that they had their little fans, they didn't care about anything else. 
We made the decision to call it. 
We left. After THREE HOURS!! Haha! 
We are the worst Disney people ever. 

On the way out of the park, we did see the characters! 
But they were behind ropes because...COVID. 
How thrilled was Ava??



I got my photos that I needed and I can say Addy has been to Disney. 
Check mark for this Mama. 
Now back to beach vacations because we are definitely more beach people. 

We took the long way out of the park and back to the parking garage. 
We walked through Disney Springs and went in and out of the shops and even enjoyed a nice long Starbucks break. 

We stopped to eat and took our time to get to the airport. 
We had the red eye flight from LAX to Detroit. 
Since we were super early, we had alot of time for people watching. 

No celeb sightings like we had hoped. 
As soon as we took off on the plane, these girls crashed. 


We had the best vacation. 
We did so much and saw so much. 
I'm so grateful we were able to take this trip and share with our girls!! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Addy's Sixth Grade Spring Fling!