Monday, August 2, 2021

California - Day 3

We spent Day 3 at Sea World - San Diego! 
This was definitely a highlight of the trip. We all loved it, especially Addy!! She will tell you this was her favorite day! 



The interactions pools throughout the park were so cool. 
This was the little fish who eat the dead skin. The second you put your hand (or foot) in the water, the fish just attach. Addy was scared but the rest of us did it! 




We upgraded our tickets and bought the meal plan and preferred seating. 
It paid off. We had amazing seats for the dolphin show. 
Addy enjoyed it until she got doused. 






More interaction pools!



These two enjoyed the rides. 
I stayed back with my little scaredy cat. 


But she was very excited about the edible straws!

I mean, is it even an amusement park without a turkey leg?
I took the photos because, yuck. 





Next up was SHAMU!! 
Well, the orca's. 
Because the true SHAMU died in 1971.

Addy made us sit up a little further on this one. 
She learned her lesson on the orcas. 
They are so captivating. I don't know that I breathed the entire time. 





Next we walked around to some of the enclosures. 
The Beluga Whale 


The Walruses. 
I seriously could have watched them the whole day. 
They are so ugly, they are cute!!


Next we went to Sea Lion show. 
It was adorable and Addy belly laughed like nothing I've heard before. 
She loved it!

Ava, John and I finally convinced Addy to go on a ride. 
It was the water ride. 
She was so nervous.
Guess what?
It broke while we were on it!!!!
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!
But....we were already at the end and we had to get off on the side and go out the back way. 
It was fine but so funny!! 
Addy kept saying "See, I told you"
That was it for rides for our girl. 






It was a great day!!! 
One of the best ever. 
John and I each logged about 14,000 steps. 
We went back to the hotel and the girls swam for a bit. 
Then we all took showers because announced we all smelled like fish sticks. 
We all fell into bed for a good night sleep! 

I'm so glad we decided to spend time in San Diego. 
Next up...Temecula!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Addy's Sixth Grade Spring Fling!