Wednesday, September 25, 2013

I Got The FUNK

Please don't think any less of our family from this post. But I thought I would share just in case anyone else has experienced this.

Over the last few months, we have noticed that some of our clothes have an odor. Not super strong, but we nicknamed it "The Funk". It's not uncommon to ask each other if our shirt has "the funk". At first I thought it was just John's workout clothes. But than I noticed it, too. I have been making our laundry detergent for over a year and thought maybe we got a bad batch. So, I bought some high dollar detergent and we were still noticing it. I thought maybe the washer needed cleaned. So, I bought some cleaner and ran a couple of cycles. Still funk. We have a front loader so I emailed a friend who also has one and asked if she had experienced anything similar. She said "have you checked the seal?" I hadn't so I did that night when I got home. And this is what I found!!!
SO NASTY!!! I was so grossed out and couldn't believe we had been washing our clothes with this gross stuff so close. I cleaned with bleach, cleaner, baking soda, you name it. Ran a few cycles of cleaner and it seems to have cleared the problem. That's a new chore for my monthly list. I had no idea. We are also propping the door to let it dry/air out, too!

Thanks for the tip, Lisa!!! Now we can get rid of the funk...

No comments:

Post a Comment

#houghtalinggirls