Friday, September 6, 2013

Confessions!!!

It's Friday!!! Woohoo! Bring on the weekend! I'm looking forward to rocking my new blinging Comet shirt tonight! Want to confess??? I do! Well, aside from my post last night.

1. I have been hooked to a caffeine IV today. Sleep and I did not get along well last night. And I believe a big part is the Cortisone shot. About 3am, while sitting outside on the patio trying to cool down, I googled side affects. Hot flashes. YEP. That was me!!!

2. This may be a little TMI, but it goes with the story. My allergies are flaring like no one's business this week. I've been sneezing from my very core. And because of that, let's just say I had a hhhmmm-hhhmmm small accident. One that I'm sure Ava will share with you if you ever see her in public. Anywhoodle...the accident, the orthopedic shoes, the hot flashes last night (that I was convinced was the beginning stage of menopause) ...I'm feeling a little old. Like I need to apply for a AARP card. At least then I'll get discounts.

3. This past weekend I went on the bi-weekly shopping trip. The number one staple? Two gallons of milk. Every time. Guess what I forgot at the store??? But I got the Hershey syrup! Priorities, priorities...

4. Ava (and I) lost her ipod. Looked everywhere. EVERYWHERE. Drawers, closets, couch cushions, cleaned out toy box and closet. I was afraid to tell John to avoid the "I told you so" conversation. I even offered our cleaning lady a big bonus if she found it. No luck. I told Nate when he got here that I would give him a bonus if he found it. So, he walked outside to my car, lifted up the car seat, and pulled out the ipod. Like 6 seconds. DUH. Now we're back to the live version of Moves Like Jagger. I love my girl but I wish that was Adam Levine busting a move in front of me.

5. Within the last couple of years, I have really tried to be more of a cook, crafty, making things, saving money. I'd say I'm pretty successful thus far. However, my secret came out the other night at Kelly's house. I can't cook bacon. It scares me. I don't know why. I only make BLT's when John will be home to cook the bacon. Hannah, our 14 yr old neighbor, thinks I'm nuts. I believe her words were "I can cook bacon!!!!" Haha.

6. Last weekend we took Ava to Nagoya for dinner. We had been wanting to take her to see her reaction. Well, long weekend, lack of naps, was the recipe for the perfect brat. I decided to take her to the bathroom for a small "Come to Jesus" moment. I held her hand and calmly walked her to the bathroom. The entire time, she's screaming "What are you going to do to me?" I'm surprised the hostess didn't call CSB.

Have a great weekend!! It's quiet on our end. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

#houghtalinggirls