Sunday, April 7, 2013

Happy Spring!!!

Dare I say it? Today was so beautiful and I'm afraid if I admit it, the weather won't stay! We had a wonderful relaxing weekend.

Friday I took the afternoon off from work to do some running for our dossier. While we sent everything to Secretary of State already, there were a couple of documents where they wouldn't accept the notary. Apparently, not official enough. So this resulted in a Friday afternoon trip to not one, but two courthouses. I love our home but I wish we lived in Lucas County. Running to Port Clinton sucks. :) After traipsing all over NW Ohio, Ava and I came home and took a walk with Chloe. Ava rode her bike and found what can only be described as a treasure in her eyes. She found a wrench. Yes, a wrench. And she spent the next hour doing this....
Fixing her bike. And there have been multiple times this weekend where she has spent time in the garage. After she finished work on her "motorcycle", we headed downtown for dinner on the river. We went to the new restaurant Forresters. It was pretty good even though I was sitting in a bad spot. The setting sun was beautiful, but the glare from the river was horrendous. Even Ava wore her sunglasses. Did you see the pic on Instagram?? :) After dinner, we took a little stroll by the river. It was a little chilly so we kept it quick.

Saturday morning we got up early, picked up Nana and headed out shopping. It was a quick and bittersweet trip for me. Ava needed a spring coat. I bought her one. In the girls section. Not the Infant/Toddler section. The girls. My girl. How is she getting this big???? Later in the afternoon we had Mya's 2nd birthday party. I am so bummed I didn't get better pictures! Here is the sweet girl blowing our her candles.
Ava enjoyed herself tremendously!! Cupcakes, tons of toys, and a Yo Gabba Gabba take home??

Saturday night Ava stayed at Nana's. Mommy and Daddy had date night. When John asked me what I wanted to do, it was a short list. Dinner, hot tub, and reading. I think he was somewhat happy because the Michigan game was on! I was in bed by 10 and slept until 9. There may have been some Melatonin involved. I only indulge when Ava isn't home.

Today was boring. We spent some time at Nana's, Ava took a rockstar nap after her sleepover, played with the neighbor kids, dinner, a walk with Daddy and Chloe, and Mel O Creme. Yep, the best way to end a weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Addy's Sixth Grade Spring Fling!