Friday, April 26, 2013

Confessional Friday

It's Friday!!! Woohoo!!

1. Let's just deal with the elephant in the room. I confess that I am SO FAR behind on my blogging this week. I have so much stuff to catch you up on! We have had a super busy week and I have barely sat down in my living room and mostly have come home and gone straight to bed because it's so late. I promise, this weekend.

2. I confess that I firmly believe in the China Red Thread theory. My child's personality is a spitting image of, well, me. Like to the point that I just have to stare at her because she handles things and says things EXACTLY as I would. She actually shushed me yesterday, held up her hand, and said "I'm not finished talking yet". John stared at me for about 30 seconds and said "that is soooo your child". Because my #1 pet peeve, interruptions.

3. I confess that I got a wine opener confiscated this week. At the courthouse. While picking up adoption paperwork. I cannot wait to see my Mom of the Year award when it comes!!

4. The last year or so I've been a total lip gloss girl. Prior to that I was a total lipstick girl. But lately, I have been feeling blah. I'm sure it's the winter blues. So I decided to go back to lipstick and spice up my makeup a little. I have completely and utterly struggled with the right shade. My favorite shade was by Mary Kay and they discontinued it. Imagine that...so I'm been walking up and down aisles staring at shades. And then I saw it. Beaming at me, calling my name. I was pulled right back to 1994 when I rocked this color of lipstick while in high school. I loved it! It so fit me. So, I decided why not? I don't have to wear expensive makeup to look good right? I don't have to worry about the brand as long as I feel I look good right? I confess I am now the proud owner of a 99 cent tube of Wet and Wild cashmere lipstick. And you know what? I LOVE IT!!

Hope you have a fantastic weekend!!

1 comment:

#houghtalinggirls