Sunday, February 24, 2013

New Friends!

We had a fantastic weekend! Friday night we laid low, going to bed at 9:30. We finally got our On Demand to work and watched The Odd Life of Timothy Green. Yes, I cried. ALOT. Especially at the very end. I won't tell you but oh, my heart.

Saturday was a busy day for us! But it was the best day I've had in a long time! It started super early for me as I wanted to be up showered and ready for Chloe's grooming appointment. I dropped off the sweet pup at 8 am and picked her up at 9. She is sporting a super cute and clean cut! She smells so good!!
We took Chloe back home, picked up Daddy and headed to Columbus. Mommy was able to coordinate a visit with two special families. We met Shawn and Jennifer Metz with Niubei and Noah and then new friends The Wilkinson's, Shawn, Theresa, and Mali! We've never officially met them but the Mama's are friends on FB. All of us went throught the same agency and our girls are right around the same age! These super sweet girls from across the world brought us all together. The power of adoption and everything involved will never cease to amaze me!

Theresa and I have been talking back and forth for awhile and couldn't believe the similaries between Ava and Mali. She actually has a picture on FB that I had to do a double take because I thought it was Ava!! Here are a couple pictures of the girls together! Mali wasn't too thrilled about the pictures but some bribery goes a long way...
 
Ava loved her some Noah!! She loves babies! But she kept trying to pick him up and he only weighs 10 lbs less than her! Haha!!
 We went to Polaris mall and let the kids play and climb all over the animals!
And the bribery mentioned above? Four year olds at Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory with credit cards?!?! But we got some super cute pictures, so all was good!!

 
We had a wonderful time with our friends, but it was time to say goodbye and head to our next stop on the trip! We went to see Uncle Carl!!! We picked him up to go to Target. Yes, we have Target's in Toledo, but now this Target carries Peppa Pig clothing. Not in the best part of town, but we got the Peppa shirt and even an Easter dress!! I can check that one off my list...Afterwards we went back to Uncle Carl's for a few minutes and he gave Ava some treats for the ride home.
She ate the entire way home and then asked what was for dinner? Not one to miss a meal, my girl... Daddy and I kept talking the whole way home about how much fun we had!
 
Today we ran some errands and used some gift cards that we've had for awhile. And even bought a new gate. Chloe is doing so well that we decided to give her a little more room. She now is able to roam in the kitchen as well! Go Chloe!!
 
Thanks to our friends and family for allowing us to have a great weekend with you all!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Birthday, Grandma Ballmer!