Thursday, February 21, 2013

Craziness!

My mom and my husband have told me I need to slow down. And I think I need to take their advice. Reason being, here is my night last night.

Ava had gymnastics at 6.
Chloe had puppy school at 6.
John worked until 6.
I coordinated with my friend Heather to take Ava to gymnastics. Her daughter is in the same class, so we made plans that I would bring them all dinner and drop off Ava by 5:30. Chloe is at a puppy sitters and needs to be picked up at 5:15. The puppy sitter and Heather live about 5 miles from each other. No big deal right? I'll leave at work at 4:30 and everyone will be where they need to be and what they need to be doing on time. And then everything spiraled out of control.

4:35 - I get to my car and see my car keys sitting on my passenger seat. My car is locked. With the keys in it.
4:35:30 -- Lots of cuss words escaping my mouth
4:37 -- Call my mom to come and rescue me. She said I'll leave right now and be there in 10 mins and she'll bring in Ava.
4:38 - 5:15 -- Impatiently waiting for my mom
5:25 -- Drop my mom back off at her work as she had to work late for a call a thon.
5:30 -- McDonalds drive thru (text Heather I'm running late), my mom calls to inform me that she left her cell phone in her car and needs it for call a thon.
5:31 - 5:36 -- Wait for mom in McDonalds parking lot for her and her friend to come pick up said phone
5:36 -- finally on our way to pick up Chloe who I'm 20 mins late picking up and still have to drop off Ava to Heather so she can feed 3 girls before 6:00 gymnastics.
5:37 -- Ava pukes in the car. (seriously??) We are in my mom's car so I have nothing. Ava has to sit in puke.
5:45 -- Arrive at Heather's to drop off her daughter's food so they can eat and be at gymnastics in 15 mins.
5:50 -- Pick up Chloe 35 mins late. Thank goodness the puppy sitter is super nice!!
5:55 -- Finally home (obviously skipping puppy school since I have a puky kid)
5:55 - 6:30 -- Clean up Ava, clean up my mom's car, feed Chloe and take her out, change my clothes, grab a quick bite to eat, go through mail, throw away trash that came in mail
6:30 -- Leave to pick up my mom from her call a thon and go get my car at Owens Corning
7:30 -- arrive home and go to give Chloe her medicine, can't find it.
7:35 -- realize I must have thrown it away, open garbage can and John has taken out the trash (the one time I'm mad at him for doing so)
7:36 -- rummaging through garbage bins and gross garbage bags and locate medicine.
7:40 -- Go back in the house and SCRUB my hands.
7:45 -- Give Chloe her meds and finally sit down to relax.

Ugh...Today started out a little better if you don't count me getting my coffee out of the Keurig without taking the lid off my cup first. But I have a special token with me today!

Ava and I have on matching bracelets!! Her idea to wear them. Love that girl!!

My mom thinks I have too much going on that my brain isn't functioning in the present. It's too far ahead of me. I think she may be on to something....

Oh, and Ava?? She is perfectly fine. All I can think it maybe a little car sick?

1 comment:

  1. Or if she's anything like Madi, Ava was absorbing Mommy's stress! Oh my goodness what a day!!! Sorry to laugh, but I did get a HUGE kick out of the blow-by-blow. Made my hectic routine seem MUCH more normal!!!!! FYI...you aren't alone--I think 90% of us need to SLOW DOWN!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Happy Birthday, Grandma Ballmer!