Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Guess Who Is A Houghtaling?!?!?!

That's right! Ava is officially a Houghtaling! Today we had our appointment with the US Consulate. We had to swear in and take an oath. We will get a packet of information to hand to Immigration Services when we land in Detroit. And then she will be an official US citizen. Then we will be able to apply for a social security card and a birth certificate. Now, we are officially done with the paperwork portion of the adoption. I don't know what I am going to do with myself now. I asked Zhou, our guide, if we needed anything else and he told me I could throw it away! I don't think so...Too much invested in that! Haha!!

We weren't allowed to take pictures today so I will share a few from the last day or so. Well, it's nap time. Let's hope Ava feels the same way.

2 more full days and then we are heading to the US!! It feels like we have been gone forever!
Love to you all!

John, Sara, and Ava

2 comments:

  1. OMG! I see the "I love you" book on the floor with Ava! That book brings tears to my eyes still. Love and miss you all Love Bugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure it seems like you have been gone forever. Enjoyed,checking your blog each day. You'll be home soon......Enjoy little Ava:)
    Love Vicki

    ReplyDelete

#houghtalinggirls