Thursday, August 3, 2017

The Sting

The morning after the slumber party all of the kids were out swimming. I wasn't out there but Mama Heather was. Addy started to scream and it took about a second to realize she had been stung under her arm. Twice. So we can only assume it was a wasp. She calmed down quickly and with some mommy snuggles and an ice pack, she was good to go within a half hour. 

All was well. Until I came home to this the next day. 

Her little face was so swollen. I asked if it hurt and she said "teeny tiny". 
I called my tribe and asked opinions. Unanimous vote = take her to the ER. We were afraid of an allergic reaction and it being so close to her airway. So...

We were in and out in 30 mins. It was an allergic reaction but nothing that a little steroid and an antibiotic couldn't cure. We do have to be careful going forward. They said reactions could differ per sting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lunch with Mrs. Schober!