Wednesday, August 27, 2014

New Friends, Pride, And Pizza!


We had an amazing weekend! Friday night we stayed close to home. I tried to listen to my Dr. and take it easy on my foot. 

Saturday morning we were invited over to play with Sophie. We haven't met Sophie before but her mom called to ask me if we wanted to come over. Ava and Sophie are in the same kindergarten class. And she thought it would be a good thing to get them together. I'm so glad she did! Everyone had a great time and while Ava got a new friend, so did I!! 

After we left Sophie's house, we went home to pick up Daddy and Addy. And then we headed downtown for the Pride event. What a wonderful time! I was really hesitant about taking the girls but they LOVED it! Friends of ours have a band and they were playing at 2:30. My girls never sat down. They danced and danced. The.entire.time. 

Prior to the band taking the stage, they had some, ahem, performers. Let's just say this was a bit eye opening for Ava. Her face was priceless. 

We are so glad so many of our friends came down to hang out with us!












After we left the event, we headed to Chick Fil A for a playdate with our friends. And then of course that ran into dinner. So we headed to 5th St. Pub for pizza. What a yummy dinner!

An impromptu weekend with friends is the best! Because we even got to meet up again on Sunday at El Camino. We plopped the kids at one end and the adults tackled a pitcher of margaritas at the other end. Good for the soul….

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Birthday, Grandma Ballmer!