Thursday, May 29, 2014

The Splinter

I know what your thinking. A post on a splinter?? Yes, trust me on this.

A couple of times during the day on Saturday, Ava was complaining that her hand hurt. She had fallen at soccer in the morning so I assumed she skinned her hand. Well about 8:00 I finally looked. And you guessed it. A splinter. So I explained to her what it was and what needed to happen. My Lawd, this kid melted. Now see I don't even cut her fingernails because I hurt her once and she won't let me touch them. So to take a splinter out???

Fast forwarded to acceptable people who Ava will approve.
Miss Kelly - In Chicago
Nana - And a school function
JoJo - With Nana
Aunt Tammy - Working

And then it hit me! Grandma Shirley! She is Amy and Sara's mom and is seriously one of the most gentlest people I have ever met. And Ava adores her. So I made the call, she wasn't home. I called Amy and she told me her mom was at Kohl's and to bring Ava to her and she would take it out. Ava agreed so we headed to Amy's about 8:30.
After about 20 minutes of picking and trying and sobbing, it was still in there. She was having a cow! So we decided to take a break. She was crying so hard and I went to pick her up to calm her down.

Me -- "You need to calm down because you are going to make yourself…." I didn't get to finish that sentence because she literally PUKED all over me. Down my shirt, puddled in my bra, everywhere. She managed to get it only on me and not on Amy's floor.

Amy sent me to the shower. I truly had no other choice. When I came down from the shower, Amy's husband was working on the splinter and Ava was smiling. Are you kidding me? After about 10 minutes, no luck. By this time, Amy's cousin had stopped over and she decided to give it a whirl. And guess what??? She got it!!! She is now on my speed dial for future splinter emergencies.

Ava -- "Mom, she is really good at that"
Yes, my love, she is.

1 comment:

Happy Birthday, Grandma Ballmer!