Sunday, November 18, 2012

Prayer

I belive in prayer. Small prayers, big prayers, and even unanswered. Though I'm not an avid church goer, I pray so many times a day. And Thursday was no exception. Ava had spent the night at my mom's house since my surgery on Wednesday. About 10am her teacher calls and mentioned that the right side of Ava's face was swollen and there was a small lump. I didn't panic at first because I thought maybe it was a tooth infection. So I took her to the dentist and within a few minutes, these were the words I heard. Lump, Lymph Node, Biopsy. My heart stopped. The tears started. I was a wreck! The pale look on John's face told me he was feeling the same way. I called the pediatrician from the dental office and they wanted to see her in an hour. So we took her to lunch and tried to play normal.

The pediatrician made me feel a little better. He thinks it's a bacteria infection in her salvatory gland. He put her on an antibiotic and she has to go back in two weeks. As we were leaving we saw our normal pediatrician who said she sees these all the time, not to panic, and stay OFF GOOGLE! LOL!

So, if you could add little Ava to your prayers too, it would be appreciated.

As for me, I'd like to think I'm healing. Sometimes I don't feel like it. I missed two days of my life by sleeping round the clock. But today it the first day I felt like getting on the computer. Today is Day 5 and I heard it's one of the worse. Ugh...I'm mostly suffering in my ears right now. This surgery is NO JOKE.

Hopefully we'll be back in the swing of things soon.
S.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Birthday, Grandma Ballmer!