Wednesday, November 21, 2012

One Week Post Op

This may be a whiny post and I apologize ahead of time. But I need to vent...

One week ago was my surgery. While I'm feeling more like a human and am off those horrific pain meds, I'm still so miserable. I think I have cried every day for the last 3-4 days. The worst of the pain is in my ears. It is truly the worst pain that I have experienced. Worse than a gall bladder attack. I know, SERIOUSLY!!!

Mornings are the worst. My throat is so dry and my ears are horrendous. With John's snoring and being unable to wear earplugs has came to me sleeping on the couch or Ava's bed. It takes me about an hour to feel decent in the mornings. And then I'm good.

What's weird is that even without pain meds, I'm seriously having the weirdest, scariest, vivid dreams. I've found myself trying to stay awake to avoid sleeping. It's like Nightmare on Elm Street. Haha!!! They are so vivid that I woke up this morning and was so ticked at John!! After about 10 minutes, I realized it was part of my dream.

I still can't really eat. Which is bad because I'm so hungry! I did have a barely grilled cheese sandwich the other night. I cut it up in smaller pieces than I would for Ava and it took me about 40 minutes. But I did it! I may have possibly taken a bite of something, chewed it up, and then spit it out a couple of times. .I know, GROSS TMI. Sorry.

Ok, I'm done being a baby.

The plus side?? I've lost 16 lbs in a week.

My list of food when I can eat normal again (yes, it's that bad):
PIZZA
Pretzel sticks from TGI Fridays
Subway Club toasted with lettuce and mayo on wheat
Spaghetti and Meatballs
Bean Dip with extra cheese and sour cream at Ernesto's
Did I mention PIZZA?
Oh, and Diet Coke!! LOTS OF DIET COKE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

#houghtalinggirls