Sunday, February 12, 2012

Brrr....I'm cold! -- Weekend Recap

Winter has officially visited Northwest Ohio. **Sigh** Although, I really have no room to complain. We've had a very mild winter. But I'm here with the computer on my lap, snuggled under a blanket, next to the fireplace. Brrr!

We had a nice weekend. John was on nights, so it was quite a bit of Mama/Ava time. I'm pretty sick of Olivia The Pig and Max and Ruby at this point. Haha!!

Friday night, we went over to my Grandma's. She was watching Jacey and Jordyn and thought it may be good to have Ava, as well. Ava and Jordyn get along really well, but she also kept asking for Olivia and Morgan. :) My aunt Donna who lives in Florida recently knitted the girls hats and scarves. The final product turned out fabulous!!
I brought out the Play-Doh and let the girls go to town! They were entertained for about 20 mins. And then they were off to the next thing!
Around that time, the Fresh Beat Band was starting on Nick, Jr. Well, the girls busted out their dance moves. Check out the hair!!
John decided on Saturday morning that it was time to go outside and break in the new sled. Let's put it this way, I don't do outside. Especially in February. I had to borrow clothes from John so I had stuff to wear. LOL!! Ava was super excited and we got her all bundled up!
I pulled her around the yard for a little bit until John got the 4-wheeler up and running. We then attached the sled to the back. It was super fun!!!
But then we hit the rock. OWWWW!!!!
Now back to sled shopping. Haha!! We made snow angels...
And started making a snowman until Ava got sidetracked...
Yep, she preferred to shovel with John rather than build a snowman!! Haha!!
Saturday night we went to Hannah's soccer tournament. After the game, Ava took the field and took her turn.
Kelly was showing Ava how to dribble the ball...
I love, love, love this picture! Ava totally ADORES Hannah and it seems the feeling may be mutual!
Today we went to the Walleye game. The Down Syndrome Association hosted a family day. So, we took Aunt Emily and headed to the Huntington Center.
Ava, Emily, and her friend Lindsay
Emily and Lindsay
Ava did really well until the mascots came out. And then she freaked out!!
But everything was ok after she was comforted by Mama!
And everyone had a super fun time!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

#houghtalinggirls