Sunday, March 27, 2011

March Madness, Elmo, and Houghtalings!!

This was our weekend!! First, let me share this picture. It made me cry. Happy tears, but tears. I LOVE, LOVE this book John is reading to Ava. It's called A Blessing From Above. It's about a kangaroo who wants nothing more than to have a little baby in her pouch. And one day she is resting under a tree and a little bird falls into her pouch. The mama bird didn't have room for the baby bird so he lived with the kangaroo in her pouch! It's such a great "adoption" story and I hope one day it all sinks in with her. I want that little girl to know what she means to us and how many nights I thought of her and prayed for her to be in "my pouch". So, when you live with a 47 yr old man who is obsessed with March Madness and a 2 yr old who is obsessed with Elmo, someone has to lose right? Well, other than the fact I have NO time to catch up on General Hospital, Ava got stuck watching an Elmo DVD on the portable CD player. Thank goodness we had a DVD. We usually just DVR Sesame Street, but I bought the DVD to take to China.

My child has recently become obsessed with Elmo! We started to turn on Sesame Street recently and she took an instant liking to the little red monster! She asks where he is, calls out for him at 4am, and carries him everywhere! Our house has turned into an Elmo shrine! Haha!!


Saturday, we had some of the Houghtaling's up for a visit. It was just a small get together, but it was close to John's sister, Anne's birthday, so we took the opportunity for another donut cake! Yes, that's 2 in one week. We opted for chocolate frosting this time. I prefer the white, but it was still super yummy!



Cousin Quinn made an awesome cheesecake!



John's niece, Tiffany, just had a baby girl and they were able to stop over. Ava loves babies! She kept trying to feed her with her plastic food! Haha!




Here is John with a some of his siblings that came up!



John's brother, George looks alot like John and they both even have the same build. Well, with both of them in black, I had a hard time telling them apart from the back. I ended up rubbing on George's arm once and even sat down next to him. I definitely was blushing a few times on Saturday night.


Here I am with my 2 husbands!



Ava repeats almost everything that she sees! Sometimes it's not always a good thing!



Like drinking out of the dog dish!



This morning, John's best friend from high school, Lloyd and his wife Sandra came up for brunch. We went to the Holiday Inn French Quarter. Sandra brought her 2 daughters and it was much appreciated! Monica kept Ava entertained and kept taking her on walks!!



Here we are together with Lloyd and Sandra. They are great people and I wish we could have spent more time together!



My vision is continuing to improve and I'm so excited! Just a few more days with no makeup. I hope the people at work don't freak out tomorrow!!


Have a great one!!

Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Birthday, Grandma Ballmer!