Friday, March 11, 2011

It's Friday!!!

It's Friday!! Woohoo! Well, kind of...

Friday at The Houghtaling's started out pretty crappy. I took a vacation day today because we were supposed to have our post placement homestudy. Our social worker was coming from Cleveland and they got about a foot of snow. So, she cancelled. :(

John started to feel sick last night and went to bed pretty early. When I went to bed, he had the shakes so bad. He woke up this morning full blown SICK! He called the Dr. right away and he has the flu and strep. He started him on an antibiotic. And he's been laying in bed all day.

So, Ava and I hung out for most of the day. I had an appt. this afternoon and the neighbor girls came over and stayed with her while I was gone. They are such good girls and Ava adores them! A big thanks to Holly and Hannah!

We have started really focusing on potty training with Ava. And that is completely by her choice. She tells us when she has to go potty. ALL THE TIME! We were giving her m&m's as a reward for going potty. And she ain't no dummy, that's for sure! She started telling us she has to go potty about 10 times an hour and would squeeze out just a little bit. So starting yesterday, we implemented a new plan. She isn't a huge fan of it, but she's getting used to it.

We created a potty chart!

Everytime she goes potty, she gets a sticker. After 5 stickers, she gets a treat! It has definitely slowed down her potty going. She still gets crabby each time but it's getting better.

For snack today, I tried to give Ava a clementine.

She wasn't a big fan. So, I had her clementine and she ended up having goldfish. :)

Tonight my mom stopped over and had a piece of candy in her mouth. Guess who wanted it and stopped at nothing to get it!








And some good news from the day!!
After 22 years of glasses and 17 years of contacts, I have FINALLY taken the step and went to see if I was a candidate for LASIK. And I am! On March 24th at 11:45am, I will be at the Dr. office to get my vision corrected!! I am sooooo excited! I cannot even imagine what it will be like to see the alarm clock at night, to see in the shower, watch TV laying down without my glasses all crooked on my face, and never have to fight with contacts again! I just keep jumping around because I get all excited everytime I think of it! During one of my tests today they had to dialate my pupils. ICK...it is still very hard to see! Disregard how awful I look in this picture because my makeup was pretty much worn off from all of the drops today. But look at the size of those pupils!!!
Hope you have a great weekend!!
Love,
S.

No comments:

Post a Comment

#houghtalinggirls