Tuesday, March 22, 2011

All Kinds of Stuff!!

Hi!! Remember us? I knew I was a bit behind with blogging and that was confirmed today when I received a few messages wondering when I was going to update! Haha!!

First things first!
A HUGE shoutout and congratulations to our very dear friends ~~

Lisa and Keith Mullen

They just annouced the arrival of their first baby due in October! We are so excited for them and can't wait!! Congrats, you guys! We love ya!!

Where do I start about the last few days?? Hmmm...
Let's start with the potty...
We went from this:

Back to this:

Ava has completely regressed with potty training. And it all started when we went from treats to stickers. We are seeing a slight progess since we went back to treats, but not what we hope for. It's ok, though. We are going to let her do it in her own time. I don't want to rush her.

Thursday night after swimming lessons, Ava got a visit from Nana. She was already in the bathtub and Nana went in to see her. Ava decided Nana's hair needed a washing, too! My mom was such a good sport!




We are still struggling with Ava's sleeping schedule. These wee hours of the morning wake-ups are exhausting Mama! So, Friday night after work, I asked John if he would mind if I laid down and took a 30 min power nap. Of course he had no issue so off to nap I went. And woke up 3 1/2 hours later!! I slept through dinner and everything. But it was AMAZING! And it felt so good!! And I wasn't even up all night! I went back to bed around 11 and wouldn't you know Saturday was the day Ava slept until 7! So, I got another 8 hours of sleep. It's safe to say, I'm caught up on my sleeping! Haha!!
Amy, Sara, and I threw a diaper shower on Saturday night for our friend Heather. She is having her 2nd little girl on April 5th! She already has one little girl, Jada, who will be 2 in this summer. We can't wait to meet Jada's little sister!!


I was horrible taking pictures Saturday night and got very few...But I did manage to get a picture of this:

The VERY BEST AND MOST YUMMIEST CAKE EVER!!! It's a donut cake from Haas Bakery. It is made out of donut batter. It is soooo good!! We got a huge cake and there wasn't much left by the end of the night!
Ava had a blast at the party. She had a hard time in the beginning with sharing her toys, but a tiny discussion with Mama in the bedroom rectified that situation. And she was excellent after that!!
She was super tuckered out and passed out on Amy:


On Sunday, Ava went to her friend Gabbi's birthday party. Gabbi is in her class and they invited Ava over.


I'm sure she was a little confused and just kept staring at me while they sang Happy Birthday, but she sure enjoyed the cupcakes!! Here is Ava and Gabbi:


After the party, we went to my mom's house because she made a big pot of chili and she cleaned out her closet. So I went shopping at my moms and ended up with some new shirts! Thanks, Mom!! We were all trying on new shirts and my aunt Tammy put one on. Ava looked at her and said "Aw, cute!" So funny!!
Ava got bored while we were trying on clothes, so she had her own fun:


We kept telling her all the dishes were dirty, so she decided to wash them:


I have been in complete, absolute spring cleaning mode! Yesterday was the spare bedroom closet and Ava's closet. I went through summer clothes for her to see what we needed. We are going to Florida the first week of May. So, I need to gather shorts, sundresses, and sandals! I think she is all set. Maybe just need to get a couple of pairs of shoes for her.
Tonight, I cleaned out the our bathroom closet and drawers. Ava and John were a big help:


Next up is our closet and dressers. It's a mess and I'm embarrassed! I'm kind of holding off until I can transition the summer clothes. Hopefully soon?????
And last, but not least:
Nah, Nah, Nah....Nah, Nah, Nah, Nah...Nah! Hey! Hey! Hey! GOODBYE!!!

It's official.
The time has come.
My LASIK is scheduled.
Thursday at 11:45, my vision with be corrected to a smooth, crisp 20/20! I cannot even begin to tell you the excitement I have!! I have had glasses since 2nd grade and contacts since 11th grade. It's over. And I couldn't be happier!!! Stay tuned!
Hope all is well with you!!
Love,
Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Birthday, Grandma Ballmer!