Monday, October 25, 2010

Our China Doll

As I type this, the little angel that we have dreamt about and worked so hard with mountains on paperwork and the longest wait times, is asleep in our bed. Sucking her thumb...


I can't believe she is here!

For anyone who has watched the YouTube Gotcha Day video's and know about the kids who are completely traumatized...yep, that was my girl!! She was heartbroken and cried and cried! It broke my heart that she was so sad. One of the workers came over and talked to her and seemed to calm her down for a short time. Please note I said a short time. She had about 3 breakdowns before we left. I think she was just completely overwhelmed and all of the hustle and bustle in the room was just too much. Once she left the orphange, she has calmed down. We came back and gave her a bottle and she was out like a light!
She is beautiful and everything we have dreamed of. Don't you agree?




Also, for those of you who are familiar with the birthday pictures...guess who we got to meet???? Bobo! Who is Bobo? He is the albino little boy in all of the pictures. He was being adopted today, as well!! His parents and us exchanged emails so we can stay in touch on Facebook! I was so excited to meet him.


The orphange also gave us a book of pictures of her during her time there and a stamp with her Chinese name on it. She had on the outfit that we sent through the care package and we got everything that was sent to her, including the camera's!!
Until later!!
Sara, John, and....................AVA!!!!

5 comments:

  1. She's absolutely beautiful in everyway! So happy for you!!!! What a beautiful family!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited for all of you!! God bless you all.
    Tonni

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! How awesome. So happy for you guys. Seems like quite the adventure you two have been on so far. Sara, the picture of you and Ava literally brought tears to my eyes. I know you have both worked and waited and dreamed so hard for this day, I'm so happy it's here now. I can't wait to meet my new little sister! Talk to you guys soon.

    Love, Jeremy

    P.S. Continued luck with the bathrooms and food, Sara! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are so EXCITED to have her next door...she will have unlimited access to swingset, sandbox, and trampoline!!! (I'm sure Jeff would even move it all over to YOUR yard ;)
    So happy for Bobo...I've been praying for him :)
    Enjoy every second of getting to know your daughter!!!!!
    See you soon
    The Rowlands

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is such an amazing miracle when God fulfills the dream He planted in your heart! We know the feeling! Enjoy and treasure every moment. Faith can move mountains and dreams really do come true! Congratulations and best wishes! What a beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete

#houghtalinggirls