Saturday, October 23, 2010

Beijing - Day 2!!

We had a VERY BUSY 2nd day in Beijing! I thought this was supposed to be the relaxing part?!
Anyhow...it's amazing here, but also makes you completely appreciate what you have back home.
We started the day at Tianamen Square. It was very cool and very busy! There are tons of tour groups here. But I have to admit our group sticks out the most. People just stare at us. Especially the women with the blond hair. Haha!
Next we went to a Silk factory. This was amazing! We were able to see the process from start to finish. And John even helped stretch the silk to make a quilt!

(Click on photos to enlarge)

After that we went to the Temple of Heaven. It is so beautiful! We went through about 4 different sections and each one was prettier than the next.


And then there was lunch. We went to the Peking Duck. I believe they are a chain and have restaurants throughout the world, but the one in Beijing is the original. But...those of you who know me will realize that I'm not a huge fan of any restaurant that isn't called The Cheesecake Factory or El Camino. So, I had rice. AGAIN. But my husband...he LOVED it! I think him and another lady in our group were the only ones who were eating the duck.


After lunch, we went to a Pearl Factory. I LOVED IT!! A girl in our group picked out an oyster and the employee opened it to show us all of the freshwater pearls inside. The one that was picked had 17 pearls! It was very cool.


And last, but not least...we went on a rickshaw ride! I was so nervous because the traffic is crazy here! But it was fine and we had a great time!


We just got back to the hotel and are heading to Pizza Hut for dinner. He wanted to go to the buffet at the hotel, but I may have whined a little and said I needed Sara food and I needed to SMASH!! So, I won! Haha!!
Tomorrow, we fly to Shanghai. Our flight leaves around 1pm. And Monday is Ava day!! And then Morgan Feather will finally get to see her! That poor kid has to think Ava isn't real. The first question she asked on Skype was "Where's Ava?" Haha!
Love,
John and Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Birthday, Grandma Ballmer!