Friday, October 22, 2010

Busy Day in Beijing!!

I still can't believe we are in China! I feel like we waited forever, but then we talk to the other families in our group and most of them have been waiting over 4 years! There is no way I could have been that patient.

We are stating in the Holiday Inn in downtown Beijing. The room is pretty nice and the breakfast buffet is awesome! Yes, I said it! But let me explain why...they have pancakes and donuts! Right up my alley! Now, of course, John tried a little of almost everything, but there was no way I was stepping out of my comfort zone.



Today was super busy! Wow! We started out at breakfast and that's where we ended up meeting most of the other families in our group. It wasn't hard to figure out who they were! Haha! Everyone is so nice. And they are from all over the United States...Alambama, Florida, and Massachusetts. There is also one from Medina!!
We started out going to a jade museum. It was pretty nice, but a little expensive for my taste. We didn't get anything there, but a few people in our group bought some bracelets. It was quite a bit of money for the first day!


After that we went to the Great Wall of China! Let me tell you...Oh.My.Word.
It was pretty foggy so we didn't get good pics, but I was so chicken! I made it halfway up the first part and then called it in. A. it's hard work but B. IT'S SO STEEP!! I am scared to death of heights. I just kept picturing myself falling down all of those steps and have to be carried out on a stretcher. I'm not too proud to admit it! John carried on and made it to the top, but then came back to get me because he felt bad because I was by myself. I was ok, I was hanging out with another dad and we were comparing knee surgeries! Haha!!


After that we went to a Cloisonne Factory! It was amazing! So cool!! We got to see how they were made and even bought a couple of small gifts.



And there was lunch...here is the spread we had...


After that we shopped and went to Summer Palace. It was beautiful, but freezing!! I was so chilled by the time we left there!
And then we drove to the place where the 2008 Beijing Olympics were. It was cool so see, but by this time we were tapped out and exhausted. We ran over there, took a pic, and went back to the bus.
When we got back to the hotel, we were so tired. We bailed on dinner and are dining on crackers at 1am!! Haha!
Well, back to bed...Love to you all!!! 3 days to Ava!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Birthday, Grandma Ballmer!