Sunday, March 1, 2015

Chinese New Year - Ava Kate Style

After rescheduling twice due to the weather, it finally worked out for me to visit Ava's class room to talk about Chinese New Year!

I was so nervous! I was afraid these kids were going to eat me alive! Ha! But I was wrong! They were amazing! And awesome! And so interested!

We started off talking about China and a little piece about adoption. I brought Ava's picture book from China, her traditional Chinese outfit, and money. The money was my ace in the hole. They loved that!









After our "discussion" we moved to the tables for them to work on a craft. We made Chinese lanterns! It was so fun!


We snapped a couple of quick picture with the group and one with Mrs. Mullen. 


We handed out treats and juice and they were all happy little campers. It made my day! Really made my day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lunch with Mrs. Schober!