Monday, December 29, 2014

The True Meaning of Christmas

This past week, this little elf and I were opened to another side of living. 

We were invited to assist John in delivering gifts to the families adopted by BP employees. We decided to take Ava along because I wanted her to see that everything isn't always roses. And I didn't realize I needed the lesson, as well. We got to BP early and helped organize the gifts. And that took some time. The thoughtfulness of the employees was mind blowing 

After we were done, we waited for Santa. And he may look familiar. Because he's my husband. Haha!

The first stop was a local BP station where John and Ava stood out and waved to passing cars, handed out candy and gifts to those who stopped for gas. Ava was loving every minute of this!!


And then we headed to the two different houses. This was a true eye opening experience for all those involved. To see what BP was able to do for these true families in need was such a humbling experience. There was not a dry eye in the house. You would have to be made of stone to not feel the emotions. 










Ava did fantastic!!! I don't know if I have ever been more proud. She interacted with the kids, handed out candy, and was so fun! Love that girl! And she couldn't wait to get home to finish the night off dressing as the big guy herself. 

I can only hope that we are invited to participate in this again next year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Birthday, Grandma Ballmer!