Sunday, October 13, 2013

Football, Fang, Buddy Walk, and Apples!!

Oh, Ava!! You make my life so much richer.

Friday night kicked off with Genoa at Lake. What a NAILBITER. Lake led the entire first half. Aunt Emily wasn't happy. She kept yelling "This is football, not hockey". Not a 100% sure where she was going with that, but ok! Haha!! The Genoa/Lake game has always been a biggy for us. Lisa Feather went to Lake and I went to Genoa. We always loved the rivalry!!! But at the end of the day we still loved each other. And 19 years later, we still represent...


Saturday was fantastic. We had the opportunity to travel to Ann Arbor to meet Jenni "Fang" Lee. Fang is one of the four girls featured in the documentary Somewhere Between. Although Ava hasn't seen the film, I have and it is worth the watch. I promise you. We tried to explain to Ava who she was but her interest level wasn't on the same level. In fact, she was way more interested in the toys at the church where this was hosted. Nana and Jojo joined us as well! We had a great time with our FCC friends!






We had to take a family picture in our special shirts. I got these shirts for our family and couldn't wait to wear them.
After the Fang event we made a pit stop at a local park just to get a little more fun time. We got to play with Roz and her family and friends of theirs and their daughter, Anna. The girls had a blast on this tire swing!!

It was all fun and games until someone got a belly ache. Luckily I had a bucket in my car. I feel sorry for the garbage company that ran across the bucket of Ava's vomit in the dumpster at a Marathon station in Ann Arbor. There was no way we could keep that in the car. We would have had many puckers!! Haha!!

Sunday was the annual Buddy Walk. While I have stepped off the committee, it is still a great event!!! This year was fantastic! The venue, the crafts, the bounce houses, everything!! Great job, everyone!! Ava was so excited to see Muddy and Mudonna, especially since she wore her shirt!!!






A big thanks to the Feathers, Aunt Tammy, Jojo and everyone else who supported Emily!!! We all know how much Emily loves the Buddy Walk!!!

After the walk, we headed to MacQueen's Apple Orchard. What a jam packed, crazy place! I vow next year I will take a vacation day and we will go on a rainy Tuesday. It was so nuts what we opted to avoided actually walk out and pick them. We went in the little shop and let her choose from the bins. I do feel a little guilty. But they had carnival rides, so I don't think Ava cared at all. She just cared about the rides.






I'm sure we will collapse into bed for a deep sleep tonight! But what a great weekend!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

#houghtalinggirls