Sunday, October 14, 2012

Randomness

 
We've had a very low key week. It's been so nice!! I don't even think I've taken my camera out. So, I thought I'd share pics from my phone and tell you a couple little things going on.
 
Ava and Holly at the Genoa Street Fair
 
Uncle Nate is settling in nicely since the big move to Ohio! Of course, he comes as the weather is turning so that is taking a little getting used to. I can name a few times I've called him and he was shopping for warm clothes. Ha!! He is still job hunting but has an interview set up for Wednesday. Good thoughts/prayers this way, please!! Ava is OBSESSED with him! She can't do anything wihout consulting him first. And she has a hard time understanding why she can't hang with him and his friends all of the time.
 

 All bundled up for some Comet Football
 
Speaking of Comet football, we are still undefeated!! Woohoo! We've some good games this year, but we hung on! There are 2 more games and then playoffs. But that little girl up there is done with football. She is bored and freezing and begs to go home. Babysitter for the next 2 games for sure!!
 

 Surprise lunch with my friend, Rachel from Nashville!
 
Yesterday, Ava saw a picture of herself from right after we got home. She said "Mom, look at this picture! It's when I was a little kid" Seriously, I think she thinks she's an adult.
 

 Ava's passport picture
 
We've officially applied for Ava's passport. We are waiting for the final copy of the homestudy and should be able to start the dossier this week or next. We're getting closer!!!
 

 Petting a lobster
 
We went to Red Lobster for dinner on Tuesday to celebrate my Dad's birthday and our 8 year anniversary. Most of you who know me will know this is not my choice of food. I had steak. El Camino, anyone???
 

 John and his friends from high school
 
We found a video from when my Aunt Tammy got married in 1987. Ha!! Hilarious!!! Everyone is hysterical! Ava was having a hard trying to concept who everyone was. She wasn't a fan of her mama at 11 years old. Here is the conversation following the video:
 
 
Ava: Mom, you not a little kid. You're a mom.
Me: I am a mom! Whose mom am I?
Ava: Ava's and Addy Grace's.
Me: (heart melting)
 

 Having fun shopping for Halloween costumes
 
While I thought shopping for costumes was going to be so much fun with her this year, I have to admit is was not. John kept highjacking her and putting on masks and gloves. She wanted to pick every costume in the store. Literally, we went from Strawberry Shortcake to Dorothy to Batgirl to a princess to a butterfly to the final decision. We ran at this one and paid super quick before she changed her mind again....

 
The final decision.................CINDERELLA!!!
 

 Questioning our mentality after attending this game. 42 and raining (HARD). We left at half.
 
Yesterday while playing "throw the ball in the laundry basket" (official name) with Daddy. Ava missed one. And yells "DAMMIT!" Nathan stopped in his tracks, John looked at her, and me? Oh, I buried my head in the blanket cracking up!!! John told her that is a grownup word and she isn't allowed to say it. Then he scolded me for laughing. I can't help it! It's so cute!!!
 

 Perfect Saturday Night....fire and wine
 

 Some of you may know that I can't stand my hair. I hate washing it, I hate doing it, I hate it. Long or short. Hate. It's wavy/curly. Not curly enough to wear curly and not wavy enough to be pretty. So, I have been begging John for a Brazilian Blowout. It's a treatment for your hair that relaxes it, makes it straight with no friz and lasts for about 12 weeks. The problem? It costs about $250. Not a smart move when you are trying to save for China. Well, the other day I was in a meeting and my groupon notification popped up. I checked and it was a Brazilian blowout and a haircut for (are you sitting down?) $99!!! Oh, be still my heart. I go Thursday at 4:30. Super STOKED!!

 Ava Kate earning her reward for filling up her chore chart
 
Speaking of Thursday, there is something else I have to do after my appointment. It's super cool and I can't share yet. But it's something I had done and I CAN'T WAIT!! And I promise I will share with all of you!!!
 

 The party bus between Sara's wedding and reception
 
That's our life in a nutshell. Hope I didn't bore you too bad!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Lunch with Mrs. Schober!