Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Snow Day!!!

Today, Lucas County (where I work) and Ottawa County (where I live) were under a level 3 snow emergency. Therefore, Mama and Ava stayed home all day!! I did work from home, but the good thing about working from home is I can still work on other stuff. So, I was able to get Ava's clothes cleaned out, went through clothes and shoes that have been given to us, washed about 429 loads of laundry, and made Ava's treat for school!!!

Tomorrow starts Chinese New Year! And now that is an important holiday in our house, so I wanted to do something special for Ava's daycare class. Now, they are all only 2 years old so I wanted to keep is simple for them. I thought about crafts but I didn't want to hijack the class, so we decided to just take snack. Well, I did some major research on this and nothing seemed easy and it all seemed super messy. 2011 is the Year of the Rabbit. And I found this...

I took disposable cake decorating bags, filled them with goldfish, and tied with a green ribbon. They look like little carrots! So cute! I also made these tags:

I bought them kids stickers and pencils, as well. I hope they enjoy it!

At Christmas time, Ava received TONS of toys. I put some away for a rainy day, or a snow day...:)
I got out this cleaning cart for her today and she LOVED it! She was cleaning everything!! The funniest thing was she took the spray bottle and the little brush and was acting like she was doing her hair. I laughed and laughed at her!


After Daddy got home from work, he went out to snowplow. So, I bundled Ava up and took her out for her first play in the snow. She was ok for a couple of minutes...



But then just like Mama, she had had enough. And it was perfect timing because this is when John asked me to start shoveling the sidewalk. Thanks, Munchkin!!


I just need to whine for a little...
I can't wait for it to go from this:

To this:


We are doing all we can to stay warm here! We are cuddled up by the fireplace:

And spending quality cuddle time with our family!


Hope your family is staying warm!
Love,
John, Sara, and Ava

No comments:

Post a Comment

#houghtalinggirls