Thursday, February 10, 2011

Not The Mama!

Does anyone remember this show??

It's called The Dinosaurs and it was on TV when I was younger. Thinking back, it was kind of cheesy. But at the time, it was so funny! Especially the baby. Because he called his mom "Mama" and his dad "Not the Mama". Every episode there was always a time that they tried to get the baby to call him daddy, but it never worked. He was known as Not the Mama.

Which leads me to this...
Everytime Ava talks to John, I think of this show. Because she doesn't call him Daddy or Not the Mama, but she does call him Mama.

That's right. My daughter affectionately calls her strong, masculine father...


MAMA!!
We always correct her after the fact and then she will say Daddy, but if he walks out of the room or leaves for work, she will ask for Mama. Hahahahaha!!

Anyhow, we are still sick over here in Ava land. She went back to school yesterday, but they called me at 4pm because she had a 102 temp. She is definitely better, but still not 100%. She hasn't gotten any toys out in 2 days! But she hasn't had Motrin since this morning and woke up from her nap with a 98.8 temp! Woohoo!! I did take her to the Dr. today. Dr. Tracy thinks it's just viral, but we need to keep an eye on her temperature. If it's not over by Saturday, she wants to some additional testing (like a chest xray and urine sample). I'm hoping she is better by the weekend. We have a Valentine's Day party at our adoption agency and some families we traveled with are going to be there, as well as some friends we met in a parenting class. I REALLY WANT TO GO!! Pray she feels better soon!

Here are a couple of pictures that her teachers sent home from daycare. The quality isn't the best because I'm still trying to learn how to use my scanner.





Hope you are having a great week!!
Love,
John, Sara, and Ava

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Birthday, Grandma Ballmer!