Monday, February 6, 2023

Chinese New Year!

 Our New Year was very low key. 

When it's basketball season, not much else happens. 

But....

We did manage to make it Addy's classroom for what is our last class presentation. In her words, next year she will be too big. 

Since last year was a huge success, we did the very same thing and did the entire 5th grade class! The kids rotated rooms and I has one of these amazing adults in each room. 


 Since most of the kids have done this once or twice, I wanted to switch things up! 
John was in charge of Chinese writing. I had a video lined up for them with the history of the characters and how they are read. John then projected the alphabet in characters and the kids could write their names. They loved it! 

I was in charge on explaining the New Year and giving out the famous red envelopes. 
Panda Express had a fantastic video that showed what the new year was, what it meant, and how the animals became in the zodiac. 

My mom was in charge of food! Everyone's favorite part. This year we did dumplings, traditional chinese rice cakes, and Addy's favorite candy: haw flakes. 

My friend Stacey assisted and made lanterns with the kids. 


This was a special year as it was the Rabbit and my sweet Addycakes falls into that category! 
Happy Chinese New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Addy's Sixth Grade Spring Fling!