Sunday, December 15, 2019

Dad's Golfing Accident

Unfortunately I received a call last Thursday afternoon that my dad had an accident at the golf course. Long story, short...he has a broken foot and two broken knees. 
Therefore I made an emergency trip to North Carolina. Yep, he was on his golf trip in Myrtle Beach. 
The course he was at was in North Carolina. 
I made it to North Carolina the next day to join him and Nate. 
Thankfully Nate was on the trip with him. He still hasn't left my Dad's side. 

He has a long road ahead. But we'll get there. 
Golf Channel at the hospital 

Nate had to return his rental car in Myrtle Beach so I demanded a photo at the beach. 


If you know me, you know I love hospital socks. 
So jealous of my dad's purple socks. Ha!

After an emotional day, Nate took me out for a margarita. 

This is our most favorite physical therapist. 
Her name is Stephanie. This is the first time my dad was able to stand. 
It was a big moment. 

He is receiving a medical transport to Ohio tomorrow. 
He has a bed at a local rehab center. 
We just can't wait to get him back to Ohio. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Birthday, Grandma Ballmer!