Thursday, July 18, 2019

Day 7 {Cheyenne Mountain Zoo and Brad's House}

Our 7th and last full day landed on the 4th of July! So we dressed in patriotic clothes and grabbed the puppets!

We started our day at Cheyenne Mountain Zoo, along with the rest of the population of Colorado! 
It was so crowded and so hot! But it's amazing and we love the giraffe encounter!










It is so cool!!! Next up was the chair lift ride. I definitely took one for the team. Everyone else loved it! 





At the top of the ride was a rock wall that a few of us participated in! 



We enjoyed the rest of the animals while battling the heat!




Again it was so hot that these were our saving grace...
They had them all over!





After the zoo we went back to our house and chilled for a little bit. We were so hot and tired, we needed a little down time. 
We had been invited over to my cousin Brad's house for a cookout! 
It was so fun to see the family and get caught up! 
We miss everyone so much. 
Brad's wife, Patty, is so crafty and she set the girls up with crafts and painting rocks. 
They had so much fun! We even played a little catch in the backyard. 
I think everyone (including me!) that I was able to hold my own!




It was such a wonderful trip. 
We spent the next two days with a very uneventful drive home. 
I'm so glad we went. I had been wanting to take the girls out there for years and meet our family. 
It was everything I had hoped it would be!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Birthday, Grandma Ballmer!