Monday, January 8, 2018

Ava Update

Just when I thought we had turned the corner with Ava's knee, she woke up on Tuesday with it completely swollen. I called the Dr and they got us in immediately. 
I didn't think it was anything until they started asking me questions about her family history and clotting. Then it became clear. They thought she had a blood clot. Her leg was swollen and cold. She did have a pulse in her foot which was good. But....they rushed us to a Vascular Surgeons office for additional testing. Ok, so I panicked. I didn't completely freak out. But I was close. 
We went to the surgeon and they did a full ultrasound on her leg and another test where they listened to her blood flow. They wouldn't share the results but told me they were comfortable in letting me leave. The Dr called me within minutes to tell everything looked clear. They aren't sure what was causing the swelling but it was gone the next day. She's been walking great and hasn't complained about any pain.

We were all exhausted after these tests. But grateful for good results!

No comments:

Post a Comment

#houghtalinggirls