Wednesday, September 27, 2017

The Scariest Moment of My Life

September 12th was just like any other day. 
Work/School and finishing the day at Ava's soccer game. 
About half way through the first quarter, a little girl (with a mighty kick!!) kicked the ball about 7-8 from Ava. The ball went up in the air and and hit Ava in the face. 
She literally went up and back. She was horizontal in the air. This is when I realized she was completely unconscious. I'm pretty sure I stopped breathing. 
Ninja moves I didn't know I had got me to the field quickly. By the time I got to her, she was awake and so so scared because she had no idea what had happened to her. 
We were so fortunate that our friend Melissa was there as she is a neurology nurse in ICU and the coach for the other team was an EMS. She seemed fine but we decided to be safe rather than sorry. 
Off to the local hospital for a CT scan, we went. The staff was amazing and were so kind to us. Her CT was completely clear but a concussion doesn't show up on a CT scan. So we still treated her like she had a concussion which got her a day off from school and a week from soccer. She had zero symptoms and still hasn't. I'm so grateful for how this situation turned out. 
It was hard on this mama!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Birthday, Grandma Ballmer!